Designation: Assistant Civil Engineer
BSc Civil Engineering, Ghana
Richard Boabeng as an assistant engineer has been mainly involved in field engineering design surveys & drawings and construction supervision. He has been involved in the design of household toilet facilities and development of sanitation facility guidelines.
Designation: Legal Expert
Master of Laws (LL.M)-USA/ Master of Laws (LL.M)-Canada
Barrister-at-Law (BL)-Ghana/ Bachelor of Law (LL.B)-Ghana
Diploma in Journalism-Ghana
A Legal Expert with expertise in development and review of legal instruments, conventions, protocols, statutes of operation, bye-laws, drafting of legal frameworks and policy implementation plans and development of internal procedures for issuance of permits
With over 20 years experience as a legal expert, Maxwell Opoku was involved in the drafting of the revised national Environmental Sanitation Policy as well the National Environmental Sanitation Strategy and Action Plan. He was responsible for:
- Review of legal framework for environmental sanitation laws in Ghana (colonial and post-colonial)
- Outlining of Policy Implementation Plan that will lay the basis for preparation of national sanitation strategy and strategic environmental sanitation investment plan for comprehensive and sustainable financing for environmental sanitation services in Ghana.
Also as private legal consultant, he was been involved in several projects in the water and sanitation sector. These include:
- Ministry of Works and Housing/DANIDA, Legal and Institutional Review of the Community Water and Sanitation Agency
- Water Resources Commission/DANIDA, Study on Harmonisation of Water Legislation in Ghana
- EVORAP/GTZ, Legal and Institutional Framework Study on Community Water and Sanitation Systems in the Eastern and Volta Regions of Ghana
He doubles as a Lecturer of Constitutional Law and the Law of Torts at Ghana School of Law. He is a Legal advisor to the Water Resources Commission.
Designation: Sanitary Engineer
MSc. Water Supply and Environmental Sanitation, Ghana
BSc. (Hons) Civil Engineering, Ghana
Michael Owusu Agyapong, a member of the Ghana Institute of Engineers and the sanitary engineer of WasteCare and has been responsible for the design, construction supervision and management of all assignments carried out by WasteCare involving the provision of water and sanitation facilities especially at the District, Municipal and Metropolitan Assembly level.
With over 20 years’ experience in civil/water supply and sanitary engineering. Has worked with many well-established public and private consultancy and construction firms on projects in many small towns, districts, municipalities and metropolis across all the regions in Ghana on project funded by international development agencies such as, World Bank/International Development Association (IDA), Canadian Development Association (CiDA), European Union (EU), USA-Millennium Challenge Accounts (MCA/MiDA), Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), African Development Bank (AfDB), etc.
Area of expertise is in the design, construction supervision and project management services for:
- Rural, small and urban towns water supply and pipe reticulation improvements and training of WASTANS/DWSTs/WSDBs in O&M of facilities and Private Management of Water Supply Schemes
- Household, public and institutional latrines and training of latrine artisans in O&M of latrine facilities, development of SANIMARTS and Latrine Construction in MMDAs (Metropolitan, Municipal and District Towns) and liquid and solid waste treatment/disposal systems
- Markets facilities (i.e. sheds, stalls, butcher shops, lockable shops and market access roads and drainage works, toilets and skip pads etc.)
- Educational Infrastructure (i.e. basic school 6, 3, 4 unit classroom blocks with office and store, libraries and toilet facilities)
- Healthcare facilities (community clinics with access roads and parking lots, cafeterias, drainage etc.) in District Capitals and Urban Settlements)
He has also been involved in some Environmental Sanitation and Assessment Audits (ESAA) and development of subprojects and their respective financing packages.
As a private engineer, and in the capacity of Team Leader/Project Manager, he supervised many projects. These include:
- Second Urban Environmental Sanitation Project in Tema Municipality
- Second Urban Environmental Sanitation Project in Tamale Municipality
- Small Towns Water Supply and Sanitation Project (STWSSP) –Brekum District Assembly;
all involving the carrying preliminary field studies, design and prepation of tender documents for the construction of sanitation facilities for the district assemblies
Also as a civil engineer, he has been involved in the Nobekaw-Gambia No.2, 52 Km Asphalt Road Project and the Geo-Technical Survey for Preliminary Design of Tailings Dam for Obenemase Goldmine in Konongo-Ashanti Region among other assignment.
Mchael Agyepong’s current interest is in providing one-stop shop designs and costing systems for the various water and environmental sanitation facilities used in Ghana.