Kwodwo Beedu KeelsonWaste Management Systems and GPS Specialist
- Master of Science (Environmental Engineering), Denmark
- Bachelor of Science (Civil Engineering), Ghana.
- Certificate (Computer Studies), Ghana.
Kodwo Beedu Keelson is a member of the Ghana Institute of Engineers and Civil and Environmental Engineering Lecturer at Kaaf University College. His research interests are in the general areas of solid waste and urban drainage engineering.
His main fields of expertise include the development of decision support tools and information systems for engineering design of water and sanitation infrastructure. He is a regular contributor to international and local journals such as the International Journal of Engineering and Technology Innovation, Journal of Journal of Energy and Natural Resources Management and the Ghana Engineer Magazine.
Some the information technology projects he has been actively involved include MINTESAA, Ghana Hydro-Database and the WastePro Software which won an award in the 2011 Ghana Development Marketplace completion organized by the World Bank/Government of Ghana.
Over 17 years’ experience in computer aided design of civil and environmental engineering systems, he has been involved in short and medium-term assignments such as feasibility studies, detailed engineering design, contract management, construction supervision and post construction monitoring of civil/environmental engineering projects in Ghana.
He is proficient in the use of various environmental engineering modelling packages including:
- US EPA software – EPANET, SWMM 5, BASINS
- USACE software – HEC RAS, HEC HMS, HEC SSP
- University of Kentucky software – PIPE 2010
- FOSS GIS software – MapWindow GIS, gvSIG
- Solid Waste – VISUAL HELP, LandGEMHis key skills include:
- Water distribution network design
- Sanitary and storm water sewer design
- Wastewater treatment plant modelling
- Solid waste management planning
- Environmental impact assessment