Capacity Building in Strategic Environmental Assessment for Water and Environmental Sanitation Sector Institutions.
MLGRD (Policy Directorate)/MWRWH (Water Directorate)/Danida PMMS-PEM Consult /(Accra/Ghana)
YEAR OF PROJECT:
November 2004 –June 2006
Main deliverables/outputs include the following
- Review of National Water Policy using SEA Tools
- Focus Group discussions on assessment and review of sustainability criteria for policy actions
- Sustainability Testing of National Water Policy
- Drafting of final version of National Water Policy
- Training of Trainers workshops on SEA tools for District Water and Sanitation Plans
- Training of Trainers Workshop on SEA of GoG/World Bank Urban Water Project
- Preparation of sector SEA tools including tools for sustainability and compatibility testing
- Facilitating of workshops and roundtable meetings
- Preparation of a manual “SEA of Water and Environmental Sanitation – A Practical Guide” complete with training modules and plan for institutionalization of its application.