Feasibility Study for Accra Metro Waste Transfer Stations
Accra Metropolitan Assembly/Ministry Finance-Turkish Exim bank Facility
YEAR OF PROJECT:
May 2013- June 2013
Main deliverables/outputs include the following
- Transfer Station Needs Assessment: Conducting a transfer station break even analysis and GIS-based spatial analysis to determine economic justification of the proposed project intervention.
- Transfer Station Technologies Assessment: Utilization of multi-criterion decision analysis to determine an appropriate technology option for the metropolis taking into consideration the peculiar waste management characteristics.
- Conceptual Engineering Designs: Development of conceptual designs for the proposed transfer stations including operational capacity, site layout and infrastructure and equipment requirements.
- Transfer Station Locations Assessment: Utilization of a GIS-based multi-criterion spatial analysis to select four suitable locations taking into consideration the appropriate waste transfer station technology that will be adopted and the potential for multi-functional use of the location including MRF
- Preliminary Cost Estimation: Determination of preliminary construction cost estimates for site preparation, buildings and equipment at prevailing market rates based on the conceptual designs